Subject: [Leica] Mephisto walking shoes over doctor merten oxfords?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:40:04 -0500

> I have lately had bad luck with both the fit and longevity of Eccos.
> And the attitude of the company sucks; they had a run of bad boot
> soles and refused to deal with it.
>
> Just google them and you will come up with things like
> http://www.complaints.com/2008/march/12/Ecco_boots_soles_disintegrate_163720.h
> tm
>
> ==On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>>> I'm forced to admit that the life of my favorite pair of Doctor Marten's
>>> oxfords is at an end. Do I simply replace them with another pair of
>>> Docs, as
>>> I've been doing since college, or do I get Mephisto's? I have a pair of
>>> Bruno
>>> Maglai's but it's a bit like walking on a sheet of ice with greased feet.
>>>
>>> I realize that a sharp photograph begins with the proper stance and the
>>> proper
>>> stance isn't proper without the proper footwear.
>>>

>> I'm starting the think that Ecco's are a notch up from Clarks.
>>
>> [Rabs]
>> Mark William Rabiner

My main pair of shoes now are Eccos.
I've put many many miles on them.
I'll be wearing them today.
And a pair of 2/3's worn out Clarks with very thick soles.
And two pairs of Redwing boots. Both decades old and having been resoled
several times.  http://celluloid1984.com/93_844.html
Inserts can be a big thing.

And the wearing of two pairs of thin socks.
That's the trick to happy feet if you ask me.
A day when I wear only one thick pair at the end of the day my feet are not
happy. They are sad. They say "Rabs please take one Bayer aspirin and one
Tylenol. Not necessarily  in that order."

The two most important tools a photographer needs is shoes he or she can
trust and a good paperback in the  camera bag.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner