Subject: [Leica] Railway tunnels on the Rhine
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:01:20 -0500

Doug Sharp writes:

"There are many tunnel portals on the Rhine (and elsewhere, like in

Switzerland, Austria, the UK) that were built to look like castles,

however, these were almost all built in the 19th century, the last ones

actually in around 1914, and mostly for decorative reasons."

Thanks Doug. My source was a tour guide from Austria on a Rhine riverboat.
You know of course that tour guides never exaggerate or lie for the sale of
bigger tips. It is against the tour guide oath. Thanks for correcting me. I
guess that Leicas aren't made by elves in the Black Forest either.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Railway tunnels on the Rhine)