Subject: [Leica] Walls to mark property
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:28:52 -0500

Hugh writes:
I believe the walls are firstly to delineate ownership.  I saw this in
Pakistan, and in Egypt.  Secondly to keep in animals, I would think.
Wendy would know more about this as she travels to the rural areas
quite frequently.

7-Mar-10, at 10:57 PM, philippe.amard wrote:

> I'm quite surprised at the walls surrounding the estates, which
> anyone could climb and trespass. So my question is : are they meant
> for animals, preventing their escape or keeping them safe from
> predators?
>
> I love the carpets, pillows and shoes. I can feel the warmth of the
> sun there.

It is the same in New England, USA. In rural areas low stone walls mark
fields and house yards. While easy to climb over, intruders are
discouraged by signs reading "Trespassers will be shot."
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Walls to mark property)