Subject: [Leica] Beware HCB Wannabes
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:32:20 -0500

You are either completely missing my point or trying to be annoying. Would
he be an equally good spy photographer with an 8x10 view camera in his
subject's face just because he's entitled as a photographer to use any
camera he wishes to use? I'm not talking about his right to be a
photographer. I'm tallking about technique. Any of those subjects of his
could complain that he is publishing their images without a model release
form. I'm not talking about that either, but they would have that right. If
you want to piss complete strangers off and have them sic the law on you for
stalking them with a big SLR and telephoto lenses, you are looking for
trouble. Or you can be discreet. Or you can say "this is America and I can
do anything I want" and end up like this guy.

Are you okay, or are you just in the mood to be contrary? The ACLU would be
getting goosebumps right about now.

No more from me on this subject. You're burning me out.

[Smits]
Jeffery Smith