Subject: [Leica] Fujifilm discontinues some films.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:35:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Ilford used to charge more for 220 than 2x 120 of the same emulsion..... I
think I remember Kodak did the same,,,,, which basically cut the demand for
220.

Or so I think,,,,,,

I used some 220 emulsions and loved the 24 exposures per roll.....

The other problem I had was drying my home developed films.... my drying
"area" is the door jamb of my darkroom, about 6 foot tall.  120 film, fine,
35mm film, fine, 220 film would not fit!  Too long......

And then, for the JOBO, there is no 220 reel in Hewes SS... you would need
to use the plastic reels, which is sub-optimum.......

Add that to the additional cost, and 2220 film was not a big winner for me
in B+W....

Frank Filippone