Subject: [Leica] Soft focus confusion
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 06:23:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I have not followed this to date....

However the subject caught my eye today,,,'

Go ahead and shoot a test roll as you intend.  However, when you evaluate
the results, you should inspect the film itself, not (secondary) prints.  I
like using B+W film ( cheap ) or slide film.

Get/borrow a small loupe to inspect the film with.  YOu will rather quickly
find out if your M6 body is giving you trouble.

BTW, it is best to use some lens that you know focuses properly.  ( again,
borrow something from a friend).  If that is not possible, do the tests with
several lenses.  It is very unlikely that several lenses all give the same
bad results.

Keep in mind that out of focus results are due to only one ( or combinations
 ) of 3 areas....  lens out of calibration, body out of calibration, or the
resultant printer out of focus.

good luck

Frank Filippone