Subject: [Leica] Digital academia
From: john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:20:34 -0600
References: <738445.1885.qm@web111708.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <20100317201614.GB417@selenium.125px.com> <20100318144905.GC22732@mars-attacks.org> <25D10E3B-53AC-4092-9406-F91C2C2C8D8D@aotera.org> <20100318192008.GD417@selenium.125px.com> <60940A68-4EE4-45DD-89FC-996496721208@aotera.org> <4BA809CA.90304@csdco.com><0CBC8CD2-DBFE-458A-B340-15A4AE06FEB3@aotera.org> <4BA82A63.3050701@csdco.com> <4BA8867D.5030304@hale-pohaku.com>

Dennis,

Yes, HP was bragging about T10 a while back,  thanks for reminding me.

The issue of multiple formats is an interesting one.  We have DLT3, DLT4,
SDLT1,
SDLT2, and LTO4 and must be able to read them all.  It wasn't too long ago
that
there were 9-track tapes in the archive.

LTO4 is probably a good choice for a PC at this point as the drives and
media
are pretty cheap.

John

Replies: Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis) ([Leica] Digital academia)