Subject: [Leica] [img] portrait without a face
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:07:37 -0400

I'd say the colored highlights shaped like telephone handsets overlying the
dress and the handrail are city lights recorded while the camera moved
slightly during the 1/5 sec exposure, before the woman rotated in front of
them, where her image (and the image of the handrail) was fixed by the
flash. The white pointlike highlights seem to be specular reflections of the
flash from spangles on the dress.

Just my $0.02.

?howard