Subject: [Leica] Hasselblad sighting (movie)
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:10:57 -0400

Since Hasselblad is occasionally mentioned on this forum, I hope this isn't
too far OT. Spotted a black 500CM or some such on "Inspector Lynley
Mysteries" last night, the episode entitled "In Divine Proportion". IIRC, it
sported the big 70mm mag. Humorous part was that it was the property of a
penniless, unemployed ne'er-do-well slacker in a tiny English village who
used it to surreptitiously photograph the object of his obsession. And I
suppose developed the film himself.

But that's just an excuse for soliciting advice from the Forum members on a
topic that's OT but well within their eclectic range of knowledge and
experience. I have a Hassy 500CM that I bought almost 40 years ago and was
always very fond of and would like to put back into service on an occasional
basis. The film sometimes fails to advance fully, causing overlap in the
frames. Don't know whether the problem's with the body or the mag.

Any recommendations on where to send it for repair? As well as CLA.

?howard

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Hasselblad sighting (movie))
Reply from tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] Hasselblad sighting (movie))