Subject: [Leica] Glacial Editing
From: socphoto at verizon.net (Socolow Carl)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:49:58 -0400

Bob,

Thanks for looking and the feedback on the verticals. The pictures
are sized long dimension at 900 at 100 ppi. Maybe I'll drop them down
to 800 long dimension for the verticals. I also have a MB Pro 15" but
I have an Eizo 21" hooked to it for my editing.

And Bob, since I first saw a print come up in a developer tray I have
been hooked both on photography and my belief that a print is the
desired finished presentation for a photograph. All the photos on my
site are made into prints. I had an exhibit recently so that gave me
a chance to make larger prints of 45 of the pictures. It was nice to
see them all arrayed at eye level for a change. But, with a
background in darkroom work I hold a high standard for how my prints
look. As I may have mentioned these were all photographed on film,
scanned with a fluid mount scanner and then worked on in Photoshop
until the prints sing. It's always nice when it finally comes out of
the printer looking right and I can go to sleep.

Thanks again for looking and your praise.

Carl

On Mar 25, 2010, at 1:48 AM, lug-request at leica-users.org wrote:

> Message: 47
> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:59:30 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Bob Adler <rgacpa at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Glacial Editing
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Carl these are wonderful! A real insider view into these folks'
> lives. And beautifully developed compositions and tonalities.
> I hope you will print and exhibit.
>
> As for the vertical shots, they are a bit tall for my screen and I
> do need to scroll (Macbook Pro 15 @ 1440x900).
>
> Thank you for not only showing these but for the obvious effort
> which shows with the quality of each one.
> Really, Carl. Terrific work.
> Best,
> Bob
>
>  Bob Adler