Subject: [Leica] Micro 4/3rds Panasonic GF-1
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:46:22 -0400

Scott,

I'm new to the GF-1 but I'm comfortable saying that I don't see grain as
an issue at up to 800 for me.

The 20 is offered in a kit in the US. I just bought that kit last week.
However the dealer I bought it from had just received in a batch of
kits. The 20 kit was going quickly.

I haven't confirmed, but I've heard that as of a week or so ago there
was a price drop in the EVF, from $199US to $159US. (FWIW, rumor is it's
being discontinued, and possibly replaced.) Many places are out of
stock. I like the EVF. You can get by without an external viewfinder in
low light, but it's essential for shooting outdoors in bright light,
IMO. LCDs can be difficult to see in bright light. It's the main reason
I never liked small P&S cameras that had no other option but to use the
LCD for framing.

The adapter from Camera Quest is said to be good, and slightly less than
the Novoflex.

Dave R