Subject: [Leica] Micro 4/3rds Panasonic GF-1
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:20:09 -0400

Dick wrote:

>>For what it's worth, though, I haven't had a Leica lens on my G-1 or
GF-1 since I go the 20mm pancake lens. <<

That lens does indeed take away the sense of urgency to move to other
lenses. I bought the GF-1 in order to use my M lenses on a digital
camera. But I can see using the 20 most of the time.

I've been using the 50/2 Summicron more than any other lens on my D700.
I realized I'd regressed back to my photographic childhood, where all I
used was a normal prime lens. My first camera came with a 50 (didn't
every camera back then) and I couldn't afford another lens right away. I
could have saved a lot of money over the years if I'd only realized a
normal prime was all I needed.

The 20 is a 40 on Four Thirds. It's like using a 40 Rokkor. The 40 was
fine focal length for those who want to be slightly out of the ordinary,
but are hesitant to deviate too far from the center of the normal lens
bell curve! It helps that the 20/1.7 is a dandy performer.
:-)

Dave R