Subject: [Leica] good small flash for M9
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:28:28 +1000

Leland if you are happy to use your flash the older fashioned way (not using
the GNC) then any modern unit should be fine with camera set to the flash
sync speed and exposure control by flash. Modern to ensure that you don't
risk high triggering voltages. I'd pick something that you can select
variable power settings for more versatility (1/16 power, 1/8 etc for a
blink of fill in). Just pick which features you'd like, tilting head for
example? The Metz stuff is very good. Also the old Nikon and Contax off
camera leads do work if you are looking for more options with a bracket or
bouncing, say.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman