Subject: [Leica] Friday Rabsflower
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 20:49:43 -0400

Actually I thought of Estes State Park having heard of it elsewhere -- your
pictures? --  plus just generally they got these mountains out here named
after a cartoon squirrel but very very impressive-looking; unfortunately I'm
stuck without access to a vehicle of any kind so I can only long.

and -- I can go to The Tattered Cover Bookstore which I'm about to do, first
visit, one of the most famous in the US.

Ernie--- believe me I checked my fly first thing. At my forgetful age that's
always the prime suspect. But no, everyone is just damn nice.  Also, see,
that's what I'm talking about-- in NY we spell night in the less cheerful
'gh' version. Nothing bad can actually happen at -- nite! -- except talking
to more cheerful g.d. people, like Stevie, young lady who checked me in, she
moved here a year and a half ago from California and really likes it! Why
says I. Hmm. Well the rock venue here gets just about everybody who's
anybody. She's still not used to all the snow though!  But it's great!.  You
could tell she's actually miserable -- you could see it in the eyes -- but
nobody has ever taught her how to frame a sentence along the lines of : I'm
unhappy and this sucks.  I went into the convention center while one of the
restaurants across the street blasted "We've got to get out of this
place..." [old sixties protest-y rock song for you few youngsters on the
LUG] -- but of course no one's listening to the lyrics.

Got some good pictures though. They make a blue sky out here that really has
some legs. In NYC on (rare) blue days like this everyone secretly worries a
plane's gonna hit something (9/11/01 having been one of the most beautiful
days in terms of weather that any NYer had ever seen).