Subject: [Leica] question on gallery reproduction
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:13:10 +1000

To add my two Aussie cents (which is about ~2.15 US cents today, woohoo)
consider the effect on your perception of the surrounds also. Specifically
the background tone and any border you may use. The gallery background is
quite dark neutral grey (a good thing). A lighter border can make the images
'pop' (which is why all muy posts tend to include that). Another trick is a
very light grey border which fools you into seeing brighter highlights too.
The best example that I know of to illustrate how adjacent tones affect your
perception is here.
http://web.mit.edu/persci/people/adelson/checkershadow_illusion.html

Cheers
Geoff