Subject: [Leica] Friday flowers and friends.
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:21:06 -0400

I pity those of you who are avid gardeners and have deer in your area. Deer
prefer the edge of woodland where they can graze in the pastures and flee
back into the woods if danger threatens. Suburbia is the perfect
environment. There are more deer in the US now than there were when the
first settlers landed. We have systematically eliminated their predators,
wolves, bears, and, thanks to Disney's Bambi,, hunters. Most pet dogs are
too well fed and too mannerly to chase them. Deer will eat just about
everything but cement patio blocks. Here is part of our resident herd. We
live in a small settled area between two large state parks which have been
declared by New York's urban dwelling environmentalists,  "Forever Wild."

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Deer+4_001.JPG.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Deer+5.JPG.html

However there are a few flowers that deer are reluctant to eat. These
include andromeda, ajuga and daffodils. We have had enough Friday Flower
daffodils so here are pictures of the other two.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Andromeda+1.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Ajuga.JPG.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Ajuga+amd+bumblebee.JPG.html

Larry Z