Subject: [Leica] I shattered the sensor glass; mea culpa
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 08:04:06 +1000

Peter it is as Gene has said with the 0.5mm coverglass permanently bonded to
the sensor. However the repair costs consist of more than the parts alone as
you are aware and the disassembly is extensive.. I agree that you will need
to do your sums regarding repair costs vs. replacement used M8. See what
Leica Camera has to say first as you mentioned.

I'm pleased to read that your Canon technician didn't recommend the finger
in a micro fibre cloth method after all! The 'stamp' method using residual
tackiness is used in Solms also, then followed by isopropyl alchol on a swab
and spatula if needed.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman