Subject: [Leica] I shattered the sensor glass; mea culpa
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 05:56:57 +0000 (GMT)

Nathan, because I wish to continue using a digital M, I think my options are
to get this M8 repaired, or to buy another used one.  Repairing this one is
cheaper than buying another used one.

There does remain another possibility.  I told Andrea about the breakage
while cleaning, and she was surprised that that gave enough pressure to
crack the glass.  She said they would like to examine it and determine
whether or not there would be a charge for the replacement.  Obviously she
could not say more than that without the technicians seeing the camera for
themselves.

I asked her if there was a form I should complete before I post my M8 to
Solms, so I am just waiting for that before I send it off.

 Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] I shattered the sensor glass; mea culpa)