Subject: [Leica] OT: coverage of a lens
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 23:11:16 -0400

This is slightly off topic, but I will be using a rangefinder for this
project.

I'm looking to make myself a 24x72mm home-hacked "Xpan" out of a stereo
camera and a MF lens in-shutter.

The Mamiya TLR lenses are particularly inexpensive and there are
millions of them around, it seems.

I'm looking at lens options now, particularly the Mamiya 65mm TLR lens
and I'm wondering if it has adequate coverage with acceptable falloff
(no movement) for 72mm at infinity? The diagonal of 6x6 is just about
80mm. In theory, the lens should do fine, I'm just looking at the edge
performance before I build this thing. If anyone has this said lens (or
maybe some other inexpensive ideas) I'd be very appreciative if you
could measure the circle of coverage for me. Many thanks!

The Frankenstein camera projects continue!

Regards,
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] OT: coverage of a lens)
Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Dubare)