Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 3
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:34:21 -0500

Clearly it's not about "affordability."
It's about patience in waiting for what purchasers believed they
already paid for.
If the camera arrived without a hundred dollar part said to be in the
package
one wouldn't simply send a hundred dollars to acquire the part;
but rather communicate with the suppliers to have the matter rectified.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist

On Jun 15, 2010, at 12:47 AM, Frank Dernie wrote:

> I think you are being a bit harsh here Jayanand. I was already a
> lightroom user when bought my M9. It seems to me that part of what
> I paid for, as with other cameras, was RAW processing software, in
> Leica's case, Lightroom. I have an unused certificate sitting on my
> desk. My plan has always been to use it to get LR3, then give my
> LR2 license to my son.
> If I did not have the certificate I would have already bought the
> upgrade and my son would be missing out.
> I think I am one of several on this list feeling the same way. It
> does not mean I could not afford my M9.
> cheers,
> Frank D
>
> On 15 Jun, 2010, at 05:12, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
>
>> Geoff,
>> I am in the financial sector, I deal with peoples savings on a day to
>> day basis and if my clients were worried about spending US$99, I
>> would
>> advocate against them buying an M9 in the first place, or selling the
>> M9 they cannot afford to own, not worry about an upgrade that it is
>> not even essential. That is the reality of the financial implications
>> of your message.
>> Cheers
>> Jayanand
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Geoff Hopkinson
>> <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Highly amusing and 'bitching' is pretty tough commenting on the
>>> people
>>> asking maybe Jayanand.
>>> I agree that the upgrade price is reasonable (and I'd pay anyway
>>> if needed)
>>> but why pay if it is unnecessary?
>>> I think that you are somewhere in the financial sector aren't
>>> you? You're
>>> not advocating that people waste money, I'm sure.
>>>
>>> The situation is already clear.
>>> Anyone who has purchased an LR2 licence previously can pay the
>>> upgrade price
>>> to get an LR3 licence.
>>>
>>> If you purchased a licence previously AND have not used your
>>> Leica serial
>>> number and TAN then you can either get an extra LR2 licence today
>>> (so you
>>> could install on more than two computers if desired)  or
>>> otherwise dispose
>>> of that extra licence as you wish (subject to whatever the EULA
>>> says)
>>>
>>> If you have not used your Leica serial number and TAN  to
>>> download then just
>>> wait a little longer and you will be able to use them to download
>>> LR3. Leica
>>> Camera already indicated this on an offical site.
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff