Subject: [Leica] More on "last roll of Kodachrome"
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Michael,
I've?shot a fair bit of Velvia 50. It is my film of choice for landscapes,
but?not as good with skin. I tend?to process my own using a JOBO processor.
It is slow, doesn't cotton to kindly?to pushing?or pulling much more than a
stop, but 1/3 stop increments?do produce noticable results. It has the
narrow (5
stop) lattitude you would expect from transparency film and must be exposed
for
the highlights.

Much to my disappointment, Fuji has discontinued?4x5 quickload (though they
still make sheets) as well as Velvia 50 in 220 format.?I think this may be
quite
telling?of things to come. I have a freezer full of each of these.
Many landscape photographers like Provia 400 for the increased speed. I
don't
know much about Velvia 100.?
Despite rumors to the contrary, film is not quite dead...
Best,
Bob
Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA