Subject: [Leica] More on "last roll of Kodachrome"
From: mfsacca at sover.net (Michael Sacca)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:10:16 -0400

Hi all,

This is the first post to LUG having just joined recently.

I have had a nearly continuous roll of Kodachrome (25 then 64p) in my
M4 since the mid 70's. It is of course disappointing to be at the end
of the line with the film, but do understand the economics. I have
heard that at it's height there were only 8 processsing labs for
Kodachrome in the states with Dwaynes in Kansas being the last to do
the processing.

I will miss it, but I'm not going to stop shooting transparencies,
that is until I can afford an M9. Any suggestions for a a fine grain,
balanced color film? Anyone with experience with FUJICHROME Velvia 50?
I'm not starting on a new film just yet since I have about 25 rolls
left in my freezer that I am looking forward to shooting before mid
December....

Michael Sacca
Tunbridge Vermont