Subject: [Leica] Leica Around the World
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 07:19:10 -0700

On Jul 28, 2010, at 6:03 AM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> At the risk of me being classed a rude old fart, I just want to say that I
> think this project is a giant waste of resources.

and that's being kind....

romantic, misguided, silly, and more...   all apply....

> If you people want to do something good with your money, wait, shoot your
> pictures for the LUG yearbook and buy several copies of it. Jim Schulman
> works his butt off every year for this one and the proceeds go to shelter
> women and children who need a place to get out of the worst storm of all.
> Back issues are on Blurb  http://www.blurb.com

or if you want great leica images from around the world....years of work,
and selected out of many entries by a jury of sorts, inspirng and more...
try   The Family of Man 2....

over which Alistar Firkin, many others shed blood and tears...

> Or buy the book Steve Unsworth edited for the Leica User Forum. The
> proceeds
> go for International Cancer Research.    http://www.blurb.com/books/1397107
>
> Do this and you'll know the proceeds will go to a good cause instead of
> freight bills.
>
> It may be a romantic idea for a camera to take a ride in a box

sounds wonderful though doesn't it...?

> but I think
> in these times we have better things to do with our money.

> I know what I'm gonna do.
>
> Sorry Peter.

me too Peter, but really...

Steve