Subject: [Leica] Hot M8
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:28:57 -0500

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Frank Dernie
<Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Did you find the covering a big help on the M8 Sonny?
> I must say the covering of my M8 was too slippery for me and the grey M9
> looks that way too. I do not wish to add a thumbs up, a self-adhesive
> rubber foot works as well...
> We had a tack shop not far from us, I may check out if it is still there,
> splendid idea, though I do find the leica bonded on shoulder pad to be the
> most grippy of everything I have tried.
> cheers,
> Frank Dernie

Frank, the Griptac makes a vast difference.   I have it on my M2, but
I don't shoot that as much, and when the M6 came with it, I noticed
right away that I did not need the M6 grip that I had always used.

So last Monday I made the order from Cameraleather and it arrived
Saturday, and took about fifteen minutes to apply.   Since I also have
the M8 grip, I ordered that, but it seems that the camera doesn't need
the Grip with Griptac.  I think you are right about the thumbs up, I
think another little piece of griptac or other rubber might do the
trick.

--
Regards,

Sonny