Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hope [resend]
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:20:42 -0400

[H'm.  It's been about five hours, and I haven't seen a copy of this
bounce back from the LUG server.  So much for timely, snappy
contributions to a thread.  Trying again.]

2010-08-04-14:07:10 Mark Rabiner:
> I never knew you could open an Adobe Flash pic in another window.

Don't think you can.  Despite what you might assume from the animated
transitions, George's blog and the pictures therein are being displayed
using good ol' (actually more like good new) HTML.

So Things actually Work.

I've long thought that a paraphrase of the Eighth Commandment from
Henry Spencer's classic "Ten Commandments for C Programmers"

  http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ten-commandments.html

pretty much summed up The Flash Problem.

Flash-site designers too often invest an immense amount of time and
effort in creating "beautiful new impediments to understanding".

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Hope [resend])
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Hope)