Subject: [Leica] Re : LHSA
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:06:18 -0400

"I remember the slide show in Portland of the LHSA members."

(Paraphrasing the rest of Mark and Ted's comments) "They don't take good
pictures and they resent your telling them so."

- - - -

I thought the LHSA was primarily interested in Leica classification and
collection. Judging by the couple of LHSA meetings that I was dragged to by
members of that elite society, they revel in the obscure trivia of Leica
lore. Expecting them to be good photographers is akin to expecting art
collectors to be good painters, record collectors to be good musicians and
bibliophiles to be good writers. Interest in a topic does not necessarily
translate into skill at practicing it. I can work a phonograph pretty well
and have a collection of Glen Gould recordings but I can't play the piano
worth a damn.

Larry Z