Subject: [Leica] Anyone using Drobo
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:56:03 -0700

I think there are 2 different objectives here....

First, pick the right drives.....  Netlink ( ReadyNAS) has published a list
of "approved" drives....and that list is not quite the cheapest drives out
there.... Brian once said that he would ( does?) pick Enterprise drives....
which are more robustly built and cost only about 50% more..   Since drives
are now running about $50-75 per TB, 50% increase is not that big a cost
differential....

Second.... strategies to redundantly keep your data... something I am still
learning about...

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I am interested to know how one protects against HW failure of the NAS box.
Any options other than multiple back ups?

Replies: Reply from alal at poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] Anyone using Drobo)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Anyone using Drobo)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Anyone using Drobo)
Message from alal at poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] Anyone using Drobo)