Subject: [Leica] Format output obviousness
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:02:49 -0700

I believe it is quite valid. He lays out the parameters pretty
clearly, and doesn't make claims for things which aren't evident.

All he said was that for the 13x19 prints he produced, these were the
results. Nothing more. He also said explicitly that this couldn't be
extrapolated to other situations, print sizes etc.

In general, it tracks my own experiences. I've done very few A/B
comparisons, but while I like the files from the M9 much better than
the files from m4/3 let alone G10, under the right conditions they
can all produce good prints.

But, as I said, I like the M9 files better than those from the other
cameras I have. They're easier to work with and seem to have more
resolution and dynamic range and better colour than other files. That
doesn't always translate into better prints though, and I don't think
it's always the fault of the printer whoever that may be.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com