Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:34:49 -0500

Hi Ted,

I think that recording all of the details sometimes helps us to learn what
works best, but it has limited usefulness.  It is probably fine for the
hobbyist, who has the time.  As for your professional work, you probably
have these details recorded in your subconcious thoughts and put them to
work without thinking about them.  My little book hasn't had an entry in 3
or 4 years. ;~)

As a postscript, I find that the EXIF data from my digicams can be very
helpful in these areas.  I can shoot a few experimental shots at variable
settings and see the results within an hour, while the process is still
fresh in my mind.  I did this with the last flower photo that I posted.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA