Subject: [Leica] S2 Awesomeness
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:47:13 -0700

How do you people get dust and crap inside your cameras? Particularly the M8
owner-users?

I haven't touched my M8 since I got it, a couple years ago? Only once in
awhile when there's a large blue sky area do I see anything then I do a
quick on screen spotting as though it were film.
However, 99.9% of the time there isn't anything there to clean. Jeeesh maybe
I'm becoming blind in my only one good eye or it's  beginning to fail me?
Naw never happen! :-)
The big problem I have with any poking around inside the camera is left over
from the olden days when a camera required any kind of
maintenance....inside? It went to a guy who knew how to do it because he
worked on the guts and didn't take pictures. And the rule was, "if anything
needs to be done inside the camera let the guy who fixes them do it.

Then along comes digital which I assumed would be scarier to dig around
inside and people talk about blowing into and jiggling a brush around inside
and it scares the hell out of me. So far I guess the dust gremlins have
taken pity on the old guy as I've not had any problems!!!
cheers,
Dr. ted -)