Subject: [Leica] The hair book
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:29:30 -0700 (PDT)

Your comment got me to thinking a bit Ted. Wonderful how excited and engaged
you
and many others on this list are with human history, recording it,
fascinated
and drawn to the human element.

I feel the same way about nature. Rocks as old as the earth itself under the
same sun as we are. Plants that grow from the breaking down of these ancient
rocks. The beauty of it all and the harmony. I'm fascinated with every
aspect of
this side of nature just as you are with human nature.

No losses here; I gain appreciation from your fascination and life spent
recording it so beautifully. I try to do the same with ferns and rocks and
rotting wood...
A wonder how it's different attractions for everyone. I think we all try to
portray that in everything we photograph.

Thanks for prompting these thoughts; gives me a bit more insight.
Best,
Bob
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.rgaphoto.com

Dr. Grant wrote:

Hi Sonny,
That is so neat! I realize some folks will think it's nothing, their loss!
But
touches of history and stories that go with it like this, I get a real
charge
out of and want to learn more. There are so many small things in the lives
of
people in mankind's past that are simple, yet create questions... "Why was
this
started and who were the families involved? And what was their role in the
community and whatever else they might have been involved in day to day and
year
after year?

Well done in preserving this for others to enjoy during a quiet moment of
peace
and quite.

So who were these folks?

cheers,