Subject: [Leica] Kyle's Digilux Bah! I have an Epson
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:52:10 -0400

Hey, I don't know why people want to come on the LEICA list and trash Leica
by touting how many gizmos their new non-leica wizbang has. Even in the face
of SIDE BY SIDE TESTS that compare the genuine Leica to the Not Leicas --
You can't have forgotten, they were done by a prominent camera magazine, I
reproduce them here:

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/leica-vs-not-leica.jpg

Many camera manufacturers believe that people without extraordinary taste
can tell the differences made up by small "cost saving measures" which will
add a little distortion here, a little soft focus there, a little chromatic
abbhoration -- they think that nobody but a leica user can tell. and hey,
maybe we ARE the only ones who can tell, maybe Sonny can live with the
little imperfections, the little light leaks, the little fuzzy things, the
little bowing to grandmas legs that wasn't there in real life, the third eye
cousin Bob has, the extra 10 lbs that cheap cameras add to people. But to me
-- there is only one truth -- IT'S EITHER TAKEN WITH A LEICA, OR IT HASN'T
BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED.