Subject: [Leica] Last Sail of the Season
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:08:06 +0430

Richard - great sail.  I did enjoy the commentary with the
photos ..... favorite has to be the 40 degrees over, you can feel the
vibration and humming in the sheets .......

Hugh

On 11-Oct-10, at 8:17 AM, Richard Taylor wrote:

> Today. Vineyard Sound.  Wind 20-25 knots building to 25-30 with
> gusts higher as the afternoon wore on.  Temp in the low 60s F.  The
> sun already low in the sky in the early afternoon but with a light
> that could cut steel.  You could see forever.  It was a day for many
> layers on top but, as usual, I sailed in shorts.  After the exertion
> of the row upwind to get to the mooring I was more than warm
> enough.  I was sailing with Tom Browne on his Stone Horse,
> "Bewitched."

"Keep cheerful and smile, sometimes it is all you have"

hewthompson at mac.com
Kabul, Afghanistan

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Last Sail of the Season)