Subject: [Leica] Last Sail of the Season
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:54:37 -0400

Thanks Philippe.  I'm pleased to hear you've been looking.  I haven't been
able to post as much this year as I would have liked due to way too much
other stuff going on but hope to correct that next season.

Yesterday was one of those days on the water where the sharpness of the cool
air, the pressure of the high winds, and hard edge of the sunlight brought
everything into sharp focus.  We were truly living in the moment, a fairly
rare occurrence in my busy life, and I suspect Tom's too, and I just had to
say something about it.

It was also one of those rare days on the water when even when things go
wrong they go right.  We had the main jam a third of the way up the first
time we hoisted it but a quick trip to an unused mooring in a nearby harbor
while I hugged the remainder of the sail to the boom allowed us to quickly
clear the problem and get back out into the Sound.

I was hardly even thinking about taking pictures yesterday.  These were
really just snapshots grabbed thoughtlessly as we sailed.  I didn't even
bring my D300 along.  The GF-1 committed itself well, though, and I hope the
pictures convey a least something of what it was like.

You can tell, I'm sure, that I'm still at least a bit rhapsodic about it
all.  It's days like this that get into my blood and make sailing a must.  I
have dozens of them in memory, and that makes me one lucky guy.

Best,

Dick