Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Dan Nauman's bronze railing at Lynden Sculpture Garden
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:43:58 -0500

Indeed it does.

I used the 180 apo to try and through the background out more;
but the distance required (even at 2.8) didn't do all that much.

Everywhere I went, with every focal length, there was something in the way
either in the background or in the foreground.

Generally, I can walk around a location for 10 minutes
and pretty much know where to shoot from,
and what time of day to do it.

This one took 2 hours each of two days.
And in the end I came back just wanting to cut down trees
and remove posts and green house windows;
or have the budget for huge cinema scrims
and the lighting grips to set them up and strike them.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com