Subject: [Leica] Canon non-linear metering
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:27:59 -0600

Setting the camera to aperture priority mode
when no linkage for the system to "know" the aperture
will certainly skew the results.

Using R lenses on my 5D pretty much demands
using manual mode;
where you'll experience a "slight" metering shift around f:8 through f:16;
though not nearly as radical
as you'll see in aperture priority mode.
You just need to center the needle
and make that slight adjustment mid way.
It can easily become second nature.

However I still find interchanging components
between different systems
far less functional than simply using the system
as a system.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com