Subject: [Leica] 6bit coding
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:35:43 -0800

The short answer is maybe.....

The tolerance ( and setup) for the Nocti is so tight, that you might expect
a few thou to make a difference in the focus accuracy..... and that is
probably within the manufacturing tolerance....

OTOH, for $50 what do you have to lose?  You could use it on another lens if
it does not give suitable results for the Nocti....

Leica = $185 plus shipping ( which for insurance alone is not chicken
feed)....

It made no difference to my 21.... but then again, my DOF is a "bit" more
relaxed.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net