Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Yet more Paris Photo - no 5
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 00:51:03 -0000

Eminent Japanese photographer Hosoe Eikoh reads the achieved prices in my
Sotheby's catalogue with interest - tinged, I rather suspect, with disbelief
at the high - and low - prices achieved for the various works. That said
there were none of his own photos for sale at that particular auction. I was
lucky enough to meet him and talk to him in the vip room at Paris Photo, and
then went to his personal show at another gallery the following day. His
famous series of photos of Yukio Mishima were on view. Truly, he has done
some amazing work.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Paris+Photo+2010/

He also features along with NY gallery owner Howard Greenburg in "Holy
Ordures" on the above link.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry