Subject: [Leica] To Spencer re. SmartReporter (lightroom, slow mac, etc.)
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:44:59 -0800

Spencer:

Yeah.  We use Time Capsule which backs up our family business iMac and
MacBook Pro 13.

I was musing whether or not SmartReporter would work with the Time Capsule
drive.  Maybe not possible due to protective code in OSX.

And yes, I know we should probably have another drive working alongside the
Time Capsule.  Just in Case.

Yet another detail that has nothing to do with keeping the family Landscape
business solvent but is for sure a good idea.  Equipment and vehicle repairs
will always come first.  Oh, and food and utilities and....just like most of
us in this Forum.

Meanwhile, I eyeball the (lately) more and more affordable external/portable
drives on the shelf at Costco.  Again, maybe none of them work with Mac as
Costco has an ongoing grudge match with Apple.  No iPhones or computers,
only the toys.

Meanwhile I'll take your advice to heart; act swiftly if the little green
icon goes to red!

Cheers and thanks again, Bob

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net