Subject: [Leica] R8/9+DMR vs. M8/8.2
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:51:53 +0000

I always thought my M8 was brilliant.
Still do.
For me the most likely reason for the difference between DMR and M8 images,
such as they are, has nothing to do with either the crop or number of pixels
and everything to do with the compromises necessary to get an acceptable
result out of some M lenses which are known not to be ideally suited to
digital sensors. The lack of strong IR filter in front of the sensor was to
resolve that, whilst creating another problem.
Still, the world class R lenses are entirely suited to a digital sensor, so
no problem there!
FD