Subject: [Leica] More night-time 50mm Summilux-R
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:33:36 -0800

"Inconvenient" actually is a pretty good description of the
Leica-R-Canon combo, George. However, when used for such a specific
self-assignment -- 50/1.4 almost always wide-open in low-light --
it's not half bad. The combo works well for aerial photography, too,
where lenses are taped down at infinity focus, and the slightly dim
viewfinder of a stopped down lens does not affect my ability to see
landmarks. "Inconvenient", however, is exactly how I might describe
the conditions for using our R and M lenses on Leica's own digital
cameras these days! As in Inconveniently Absent (R) and
Inconveniently Expensive (M).
Gary

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] More night-time 50mm Summilux-R)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] More night-time 50mm Summilux-R)