Subject: [Leica] More night-time 50mm Summilux-R
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 12:15:55 -0600

Contrary to what some on the list may think Gary
I'm actually delighted that you
and others find their particular choice of gear
functionally useful and able to achieve your goals.
In the end that's really all that matters.

Lord knows the "world of adapters"
provides us with endless fun and possibilities.
I've explored that world by putting:
R glass on Canon 5D
Hasselblad glass on M8, Canon 5D and R8/DMR
M glass on Canon 5D and R8/DMR
View camera glass on Canon 5D, R8/DMR and M8
Enlarger glass on Canon 5D, R8/DMR and M8

In the end I fall into that apparently small group
who finds the R glass on the (not absent to me) R8/DMR
both fully functional and extremely convenient (for my way of working).

Yes the M9 does seem inconveniently out of reach for the moment.

Yet I also find the M8 with M glass fully functional
and extremely convenient to use.
And the same can be said for the 5D and Canon glass.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com