Subject: [Leica] More night-time 50mm Summilux-R
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:07:28 -0500

The Inconvenient truth is the M is inconveniently expensive for me too which
makes it inconveniently absent. I'd rather the world was a different place.
With me sitting on top of it. With a Leica M9. I already have the glass.

The R10 would cost another couple of grand more than the M9 Leica had said
so if that magically did actually come to pass as a holiday surprise
stocking stuffer it would present little competition for Leitax. As few to
no people would buy them for 10 grand. They would fill a corner of the
warehouse containing all the unsold R8's and R9's. Which were a bit of a
market research exercise for Leica which was: "if you build a manual focus
SLR; they will not come".
Concurrent with official Leica betrayal to Canon users month; is Leica first
time in the black for decades month. After the day before yesterday being
widely declared as dead; a company in the past tense.
I'm happy Leica has taken the low road and picked staying alive as you can
kick a company when they are dead but it is less fun.
The fact that Leica has not organized the future of the company on my
particularly economic situation and whims is no surprise to me. I'd not
dream of begrudging them for it. Getting an M9 would mean selling my car.
But I already did that.

Leica now as we go into the next decade of this new millennium has the best
platform for shooting the best glass in the digital 24x36mm format.
Leica also has the best platform for shooting the best glass in the SLR
configuration; though the format is a bit bigger. An issue which insures
this top position just as much as the second to none glass which goes on it
and with second to none fast auto focus.
Leica is at the top of the heap. King of the hill. Just in time for 2011.
I get to say I used to use the stuff. And someday when things come to pass
amazingly as they always do I'll be using it again.
I've always been real fond of using the best.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb