Subject: [Leica] Joint sales figures for M9 and S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 05:56:08 -0500

Yes I got that from lots of people. Sell my lenes to get my camera.
Thing is the reason why I'd want the camera, an M9 is to shoot my lenses
with it. That's the only reason I'd want the camera. To use my glass.
Kind of counterproductive to get rid of my glass to get the camera catch my
drift?
Also an M9 is $7 grand.
A D700 is $2,349.00
Almost exactly three times more money that I don't have.
The $2,349.00 I really had to scrape up; took me awhile.
But you were just kidding right! ;-)

I shot Hasselblad for 20 years with three lenses.
A 50, 80 and 150. A standard Hassy kit.
You use less than a million lenes when you shoot medium format.
Maybe its because of the cropping that is possible.
Its not like shooting 35mm. Lenes coming out of every pocket.
In most cases you use just one lens.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com