Subject: [Leica] Joint sales figures for M9 and S2
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:20:26 +0000

> Yes I got that from lots of people. Sell my lenes to get my camera.
>

> But you were just kidding right! ;-)

Of course, I cannot dictate what you should do ;-) However, you have a huge
advantage over many in that by spending $7K you have a working kit, many
people need to start on the matching lenses which is likely to exceed $7K...

> I shot Hasselblad for 20 years with three lenses.
> A 50, 80 and 150. A standard Hassy kit.
> You use less than a million lenes when you shoot medium format.
> Maybe its because of the cropping that is possible.
> Its not like shooting 35mm. Lenes coming out of every pocket.
> In most cases you use just one lens.

I know, but Hasselblad made lenses from 38mm-500mm plus a fisheye and zoom
for those who needed them. I have used/owned most of them at one time or
another. The new digi stuff does not feel like MF to me, it is not quite
twice the area of a FF 35mm compared to 3.5x for the film 6x6. So higher
quality, but as big a jump as it was in film days?

john