Subject: [Leica] IMG: First photograph made in 2011
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:26:04 -0800

George Lottermoser offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: First photograph made in 2011
> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=4703>

Hi George,

The first thing that came to mind was.... "that looks like it was shot on
film?" It has a similar B&W look as I see in most of Steve Barbour's series
on dementia. A smooth very nice  B&W appearance to them. Not sure if it's me
when I switch from an M8 colour to B&W frame doing something different?  But
yours have a smoother look to the whole image..   Do you just switch to grey
scale in Photoshop as a straight colour removal?

At first I figured it was Steve and his M9 was making a better looking
screen image.

But yours with an M8 have the same look. Maybe I've been spending too much
time of late shooting colour rather than "people subjects" and switching to
B&W? But now I'm in the middle of an 8 week feature series for the weekend
section of the newspaper on "Beautiful Homes." The first one shot last
week... like in the neighborhood of 6 - 7 million dollars! The main-room
looked like you could play a football game it was so big! I'll post a few
when the series is completed, as it's amazing to see "how the other folks
live!" :-)

An interesting  point about your ladies photo is, if this were two guys
they'd probably be watching the football game on the background wall TV. :-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: First photograph made in 2011)
Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: First photograph made in 2011)