Subject: [Leica] The Three Kings
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:35:45 -0800

Lluis Ripoll showed:

>>>I had on my M8 the Summilux 50mm, unfortunately is a narrow angle, but I
think it is just an amazing picture to share with you<<<

Lluis mon ami,
I understand your feelings for this moment! Actually I wouldn't hurt your
feelings for a second and you know that as a friend.

However, moi as a "mean assed photo editor?"  It's a whole different thing!
:-(   You do understand I don't want any hurt feelings. Now this is ....
"PHOTO EDITOR" .... not ted! :-)

But then we as photographers sometime's allow "our emotions of the moment"
over ride our photographic editing. Then run a photo we realize later ...
"It's too bad I had the wrong lens! I should just put it away and forget
it!" We cry a little and tell ourselves we will never make the same mistake
again!  :-)

However truth is, we will do it again as that's life when one is an
emotional feeling photographer! Anybody who isn't with the emotions of the
moment rarely if ever capture true deep emotional moments! Certainly the
kind that make you cry/shed tears 30 years later when you think about the
moment! Not that this photo is in that heavy emotional feelings to do that.

But? You let your emotions for the day of  "The Three Kings" over ride your
recognizing that this photo just doesn't work! Simply because you didn't
have a wide lens to cover the scene correctly without chopping off the ends,
therefore spoiling the photograph. But your heart emotions for the respect
of the day allowed you to let your guard down and post it any way.
Unfortunately! :-(

Don't feel bad, we, all of us on the LUG have done this at sometime in our
years of photography. Actually many..... certainly me! Have done it more
than once!
If  this were my photograph I would've kicked myself in the butt simply
because I had the wrong lens, or that I didn't have a wider angle lens in my
pocket to make a quick change and shoot it properly.

In any  event it's a nice try at saving the day. But this time you don't get
the Gold medal...:-(  Bronze maybe. ;-)

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] The Three Kings)