Subject: [Leica] Yearbook - Why did you choose those photos?
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:48:16 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011  Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com> wrote:

>When I was sorting out my pictures for the YB I realised that I wasn't
>simply
>choosing those that I necessarily thought "best", but those which seemed
>best to
>fit the YB style.

>An interesting process: I sorted through about 300 - 400 images to get a
>shortlist of about fifteen, then finally whittled that down to four and was
>surprised to find that none of the photos that I most like from the year
>were
>included. I ultimately let my daughter select two from four.

>What do you do - and why do you choose what you choose? Are the ones in the
>YB
>necessarily your personal favourites from the year?

>Peter
===================================================================================================
Prior to this YB, I'd try to pick my favorite pictures from the year taken
with my Leicas, but lately I guess I've gotten so burned out with my weekday
job shooting that I sometimes go a week or two without exposing a frame for
myself, so there wasn't much to choose from.  My heart belongs to B&W, so
I'm glad I had that picture from my XA to submit.  I used to shoot a lot
more B.D. = before digital, when I had time to get in the darkroom.  I
haven't used my 30D for myself since November 23, or my LX3 since December.

I'm in my declining (photo) years. ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee