Subject: [Leica] IMG: annoying banding - is my M8 becoming a paper weight?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:33:51 +1000

Although Nathan used the term 'banding' his sample does not look like what
is understood to be an exposure/ISO issue there. Nor does it appear to be
lines caused by a faulty photosite/sensor board most visible at high
ISO/sensor hot.
Possibly a writing issue (card/buffer/?) which is entirely a guess. I
suggested that he show Customer Service for an opinion ASAP. Nathan's camera
would have had twelve months warranty on all functions folowing the repair
of corrosion earlier. I hope this is within that window for him.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman