Subject: [Leica] IMG: Train content - The Great Marquess in the rain
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:03:00 +0100

Thanks Jim,

It is only due to the enormous efforts of individuals,
groups, preservation societies and charitable
organisations in the UK that a precious few of the
hundreds of different classes and literally millions of
steam locomotives have survived the scrapyards of the
fifties and sixties and are back in steam today.

The big problem is that they just don't get younger and
a full boiler refit every 10 years costs a couple of
hundred thousand pounds a throw.

Cheers
Douglas